Hemp oil is obtained from hemp seeds and this is also given a name as hemp seed oil. This oil can be obtained by pressing the hemp seeds. After pressing the hemp seeds, unrefined hemp seed oil is obtained which is dark in color and has a nutty flavor. The taste changes with the change in color. If the color is darker, the taste will be grassier. Such oil used commonly is refined and is passed through certain processes. After refining, the hemp oil loses its color and taste and this is clear and colorless. The hemp seed oil is mostly used in body care products like soaps, shampoos, and moisturizers because it has a high proportion of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids which is a basic requirement of human body.
Hemp Oil Uses:
This oil can be used for many purposes in both, refined and unrefined forms.
- Hemp oil has the properties of a moisturizer and thus can be used on the body after a shower. It is useful in nourishing the skin and helps to improve the blood circulation.
- Hemp oil can be used in the food as well. It can’t be cooked on high heat but can be used as a salad oil just as olive oil.
- Like other vegetable oils, hemp oil can also be used as a replacement of petroleum because it doesn’t harm the environment.
- Hemp oil can as be used as an important constituent in paints and has the tendency to replace the petroleum paints because it doesn’t have any harmful effect when drained or washed.
- Many plastics are made from petroleum and thus are very harmful. Hemp oil can be used instead of petroleum because it is harmless in nature.
Hemp Oil Benefits:
- This oil is very beneficial when it comes to human health. It has certain amino acids which are required by the body
- Such oil has the properties of curing cancer as well because it has a high proportion of amino acids which are required by the cancer patients.
- Hemp seed oil has a certain amount of fatty acids which act as a moisturizer for the skin. This is the reason why this oil is used in many body products like soaps, shampoos, and moisturizers.
- Is the hair are massaged with hemp seed oil it can help in improving the circulation of blood in the head and can be useful for the brain
- According to some nutritionists, hemp seed oil has 25% of proteins and has proven to be a healthy choice as compared t other oils because it has the tendency to provide the sufficient amino acids and proteins to the body without adding any calories.
Hemp oil can be used normally but if you are a patient and are suffering some disease, you need to ask your doctor about the use of this oil because it has some certain effects on the blood and can affect the production of platelets. This, it is advised to get a complete idea about the benefits and effects of hemp seed oil before using.